Lanzarote moves into phase 1 today as part of the de escalation plan to get out of the national state of alarm caused by the Coronavirus pandemic. The government has introduced some more freedoms now allowing citizens to move between municiples and also visit family. Phase 1 allows more activities which were previously banned. The new rules are as follows
- Up to 10 people made up of family and friends can congregate either in private homes or on the terraces of bars and restaurants. Social distancing measures of 2 metres between people must be adhered to
- Up to nine members of the same household can share the same vehicle, and a maximum of two people must sit in each row.
- Restaurants and bars may open outdoor terraces, which are limited to a maximum of 50% occupancy
- Shops and businesses of under 400 square metres may open and serve customers without a prior appointment . They are limited to 30% of capacity. Open air markets may also reopen with 25% of stalls.
- New rules also apply to religious services (30% occupancy) and funerals.
- Hotels and tourist complexes may reopen , but communal zones will remain closed.